Jul 23, 2007

Oi Rowling! What's with you?

Firstly, I am disappointed that an author would change her content so much that the original fans of her books, when the series was a fledgling, would be left by the wayside.
By all means, write for adults. But, write for children too.
That's what made her books so enchanting, the fact that the first 2 books were heart-warming. I may be horribly old-fashioned, but I think that's what children (and the rest of us) need. Some good old heart-warming books. We have enough of newspapers to dish out the surreally disgusting side of life.

Would they read Book no 7 with as much happiness as they did No 1? I refer to those little ones who had lapped up her first book and industriously put pen to paper to write a thank you letter, which she so proudly published.

Ms Rowling, I shake my head in quiet frustration.

No comments: